Minchet Wot/Ground Beef Stew is the same as Siga Wot (Beef Stew) except we use ground beef instead of beef cute here. Itis another popular Ethiopian dish which is good for lunch and dinner. It can be served by itself with Injera or with other wot types.
Note: if you do not like the spiciness, you can replace the Berbere with tomato paste and turmeric.
• 2 Pounds Onions (more or less on how much you need)
• 2 cups of Oil (more or less based on the amount of onion)
• 1 cup Berbere (red pepper powder) (more or less as needed)
• 2tbsp of garlic-ginger paste
• Black cardamom (ground)
• Nitir Kibbeh (spiced butter)
• 2 lbs Ground Beef (obviously)
The ground beef stew is now ready to be served with Injera (the flat Ethiopian bread). Don’t forget to wash your hands because you are going to eat it with your hand.